Warrnambool College uses an online tool to enhance communication between parents, students and the school. This tool (called Compass) is web based, which means that it can be accessed using any internet enabled device. Our Compass website allows parents to do things such as:
- Check their student’s attendance at school. This includes being able to approve absences, and receiving text messages when their student is absent without approval.
- Monitor their student’s progress at school. Student reports are available online, and parents can see ongoing information on behavioural or other incidents logged by teachers.
- See their student’s timetable and any upcoming changes, view bulletin notices and receive text message notification about important news items.
- Contact any of their student’s teachers about concerns they may have.
- Book interview times for parent/teacher/student conferences.
- View students’ assessment tasks, due dates, resources to support student learning and submitted work.
- View regular academic feedback from teachers. These comments on ‘Learning Tasks’ form the basis of our ongoing reporting to to parents and students.
We have received excellent feedback from our school community about Compass. The features that are available are constantly being reviewed and upgraded in response to our school community’s needs. The school provides support for parents who have difficulty accessing Compass. The website is a secure portal which allows access only to registered users. Parents receive a single login which allows them to see information about all of their children that attend Warrnambool College.
Compass School Manager can be accessed at https://wblcoll-vic.compass.education
PDF's of guides are available below for download.
The parent handbook is displayed above, whilst the compass guide offers a more detailed overview of the different parts of compass.